Be a Glow Getter!
Updated: Aug 22, 2019
The lymph system plays a few very important roles within our bodies. It is similar to the circulatory system in that it involves an extensive network of vessels that move fluid throughout the body. Unlike the circulatory system, however, there is no pump in the lymphatic system. (Remember this thought as we will come back to it in just a few moments!) The lymphatic system has three main functions:
1. It maintains the balance of fluid in the blood vs the tissues (think puffiness, swelling)
2. It forms part of the body's immune system and helps defend the body against bacteria and viruses
3. It facilitates the absorption of fat and fat-soluble nutrients in the digestive system
What does the Lymphatics System have to do with my Skin?
The lymphatics system is like a giant drainage system for your body. It needs to stay clear to work properly and effectively. Because the lymph system does not have a pump, it can easily become stagnant and clogged which may wreck havoc throughout your body. Your skin will look dull, become congested (blackheads, enlarged pores), you may notice puffiness throughout your face, and an increase in discoloration (hyper pigmentation, dark spots, melasma, redness and inflammation). Mostly, you may just look (and feel) fatigued.
What can I do to support the Lymph system?
1. Drink plenty of water. Lymph is 95% water so be sure to stay hydrated.
2. Take a few moments each day to breath deeply. This involves movement of the diaphragm which helps to push lymph through the vessels.
3. Participate in mindful exercise: take a walk, do yoga or tai chi. These exercises coordinate your breathe with exercise which relaxes your body allowing lymph to flow freely.
4. Dry Brush. Use a pair of exfoliating gloves or a dry brush and brush toward your heart. The more gentle the brushing, the bigger the benefits.
4. Get a facial at Sontuosa! Our facials are full of lymph moving massage. We love Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Gua Sha, Reflexology, and Jade rolling for an absolutely blissful way to stimulate lymph flow. Once your lymph is flowing freely, you will notice an improved glow to your skin, less acne/blackheads, more even coloring, and an overall lift! One of my favorite estheticians always says, "No Flow, No Glow."
5. Use a Jade roller or Reflexology tool daily to stimulate lymph flow. You will love the results: clear skin, an overall lift, and generalized glow that you just don't get with products alone!
#FacialReflexology #lymphaticsystem #guasha #jadestone #jaderoller #skinhealth #circulation #lymphaticdrainage #blackheads #congestion #extractions #glow #glowgetter #facialmassage #collagenproduction #wrinkles #undereyebags #darkcircles #dullskin #traditionalchinesemedicine #dienchan #chanbeaute